1. Do I have to purchase tickets in advance? Can I pay cash?
Tickets can be purchased with your credit card during the booking process or with cash directly to the tour guide on the day of the tour. Credit card payment guarantees you a spot on the tour.
2. If a food tour is sold out, can I get on a waiting list?
We do not provide a waiting list. If a date and time is sold out, we will add an additional tour on that day should we have additional capacities.
3. How much food is served on the food tour?
Top Ljubljana Foods serves enough food that for most participants, lunch afterwards is not necessary. Check our reviews. :-)
4. How much walking is involved? Is it a fast-paced tour?
The tour covers 2 kilometers and lasts aproximatelly 3 hours. We walk at a moderate pace with seating provided in most of the restaurants for at least an 2 hours of total resting.
5. Do your tours have anything to offer a native Slovenian?
A large amount of Top Ljubljana Foods’ participants live in Slovenia and are looking for something fun to do on their day off. People from Ljubljana who take our tour discover the rich history and architectural gems of city they live in and in many cases they are surprised by the number of facts and things the overlooked in the past.
6. Does the tour guide accept gratuities?
In Slovenia a tip is not an obligation, but is appropriate for good service. Usually they are between 10 and 20 percent.
7. What if I have dietary restrictions or allergies?
As long as we know in advance, we can accommodate most allergies and dietary restrictions. Please be sure to let us know if you or anybody in your group has a dietary restriction (e.g. vegetarian, diabetic, allergy, etc.) when you purchase your ticket.
8. Can I shop during the tour?
We ask that tour participants hold off on their shopping until after the tour so that we can stay on schedule for our food-tastings.
9. When is the best time to take the tour?
We highly recommend taking our food tours at the beginning of your visit to allow plenty of time to continue exploring Ljubljana and so you may return to your favorite food tasting locations.
10. Is the tour appropriate for children?
While we offer both adolescent and children tickets for families, the tour is 3 hours long and some children have a limited attention span and therefore the tour may not be appropriate for some of them. Please consider the amount of walking and standing when deciding whether the tour is appropriate for your child.
11. Is the tour wheelchair and baby stroller accessible?
Yes, our tour route and tasting establishments are wheelchair and baby stroller accessible and friendly.
12. Are private tours available?
Yes, Top Ljubljana Foods Private Group Tours are available. To set up a private tour or to learn more, please email us. A member of our staff will get back to you within 2 working days.
13. Are there options for vegetarians?
Substitutions for vegetarians are available.
14. Are beverages served during the tour?
Drink tastings are included on the tour. Declicious (seriously, you should try it) tap water is served at most tasting locations for free.
15. Are alcoholic drinks served?
We serve typical Slovenian wines on tour but if a tour participant does not consume alcohol, a alternatives are available.
16. Where does the tour begin?
The tour begins in Ljubljana city centre, near main square (Prešeren square). The meeting point and directions will be disclosed upon ticket purchase.
17. Where does the tour end?
The tour ends near the starting point.
18. What type of food is served on the tour?
Samples from different culinary regions of Slovenia are sampled. Selection of dishes is different for each product and is generally secretive. :-)
19. Are the tours offered only in English?
We operate our tours in English. Please email us if you would like to arrange the tour in any other language.
20. What happens if it rains or storms?
Top Ljubljana Foods operates rain or shine, please bring an umbrella or poncho if it looks like rain and wear appropriate shoes. In the case of inclement weather, we are able to enter most of the establishments on the tour.
21. Are bathrooms available during the tour?
Yes, bathrooms are available at most of our food-tasting locations and in the public areas as well.
22. If I am bringing an baby or very young child, do I need to buy a ticket for them?
Children up to 4 years may attend the tour for free. Children between year 4 and 12 are entitled to 25% discount, children above age 12 pay full price.
23. Are cameras allowed on the tour?
Yes, cameras are allowed (we’re not visiting any museums on the tour) and posting photos to Facebook or TripAdvisor is greatly appreciated!
24. Is there parking near the tour starting point?
Closest parking are is a parking garage under Kongresni square.